Thursday, October 15, 2015

"Jumpin', Jostlin' and Jivin''"

Below is a short video that gives a glimpse of my new lease on life.

Over the past week, Jim and I have been writing "Jumpin', Jostlin' and Jivin'"--a song that celebrates my IDEO foot journey. Celebrate seems the right word to use when reflecting on the past two weeks of my life.

Below you will see "Our IDEO Song," written by Jim and me.  The son references Ryan, who is the prosthetist who invented the IDEO. Jared is the IDEO physical therapist.

Brenda Linton sang verse one. Our son, David, sings the second verse, and Jim and Dave sing the third verse.  Our son, Jonathan, plays bass. David plays mandolin, and our good friend, David Smith, plays guitar. Gabe Pelli is on fiddle. Our friend, Tony Bowman, produced this fun and meaningful song.

I contacted other IDEO patients, who sent photos to include in this music video.

I've included the words to the song below so that you can sing along! Please do share this song, and information about the IDEO, far and wide.  (The IDEO is available at the Hanger Clinic in Gig Harbor, WA).

Thanks for sharing our joy!




JUMPIN’, JOSTLIN’, AND JIVIN’
          (the “IDEO SONG”)

By Jan Tedder and Jim Henderson

I’ve been down and out; life was lookin’ kinda bleak.
I was hoppin’ and limpin’ cause of trouble with my feet.
The Doc, he offered cuttin’ and lots of fancy meds,
but I heard about IDEO and I took that step instead. Now I’m

CHORUS
Jumpin’, jostlin’ and jivin’.
First I walked, then I ran, then I raced.
I've been jumpin’, jostlin’ and jivin',
Wearin’ my IDEO brace.

Ryan got to thinkin’ about what could be done.
For our brave and mighty soldiers who got shot up by a gun.
A scientist, a dreamer, with this and that on hand,
Ryan made the first IDEO so that they could stand again. Now I’m

CHORUS

It takes a hearty person to learn to walk again.
Jared kept me on the go ‘til my feet knew where to land.
Now I tell this special story to all who want to be
Jumpin’ and jivin’ with a future they can see.
Livin’ and laughin’ with a spirit that is free. Yes I’m


CHORUS

No comments:

Post a Comment